Victims of Crime Assistance
If you need additional assistance with coverage for bio-hazard remediation there is a fund set aside by the State of Texas. Crime Scene cleanup is partially covered under the Texas Crime Victims’ Compensation fund.
Specifically for crime scene cleanup an individual may be qualified for reimbursement up to $2250 for expenses not reimbursed by insurance or other sources.
How do I know if I qualify?
Once you mail in your application to the state of Texas, they will request a police report, input your information into their system, and then the case manager will review for approval. Some of the factors that are reviewed and considered are:
- Innocent victims of a crime who suffer substantial physical and/or emotional harm
- A victims dependent
- An individual who is authorized to work on behalf of a victim
- Someone who has rendered aid to the victim
- A person who assumes legal obligation or voluntarily pays expenses
- Immediate family or household members who require counseling as a result of the crime
- An officer, fire fighter or individual charged with the duty of public protection
For additional information, consult the Crime Victims’ Compensation Division